| Jan 22, 2012 | 0 comments
| Starting Jan. 1, 2012, Head and Neck Restraints must be recertified every five years to receive the SFI Foundation’s conformance sticker.
Competitors who want to use a HANS Device purchased in 2007 or earlier must have their device recertified. Devices passing the inspection will receive a new SFI 38.1 conformance sticker marked with the inspection date. HANS Performance Products will certify the HANS Device for a $15 fee plus return shipping. (You will be given an estimate of shipping at checkout, but we will charge you the actual UPS rate).
- It is rare for a device to fail the recertification inspection.
- We regularly see devices that need replacement rubber on the legs or have tethers that are more than five years old and therefore need to be replaced.
- If the friction rubber or tethers must be replaced, customers will charged for these items at the standard price. (Tether prices: $20 to $100. Friction rubber: $75.)
What should I do?
- We have established two factory certified locations for this service.
- To send your device to Atlanta, GA, place your order online by clicking “Add to Shopping Cart” below.
- If your tethers are dated 2007 or earlier, you must add either a Tether Kit or Tether Upgrade Kit to your order.
- At checkout, you will receive an Order Confirmation Number.
- Put the Order Confirmation Number and your device in an appropriately sized box. You are responsible for shipping to HANS Performance Products, 5096 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30341.
- Please anticipate a two week turnaround from the time we receive your device.
- To send your device to Indianapolis, IN, visit for instructions: http://www.krjraceproducts.com/services/default.aspx
- Note fully painted devices cannot be inspected and will not pass recertification.
To view this website or any further questions please visit:
Filed Under: Featured Article • Headlines